LAST UPDATED: February 22, 2022
Collection of Information”
1) Information You Provide to Us. We Local People collects information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you register or update the details of your account, post information in order to sell any goods through (Welocalpeople.com Service, enroll in any third-party operated payment processing services offered in connection with the We Local People, communicate with other users, provide reviews or other comments, purchase any services from We Local People, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, We Local People account password, telephone number, postal address including city, state and zip code, written descriptions of your posted goods, We Local People, any reviews or comments you make using the We Local People, all correspondence or communications with other users or with us conducted via the We Local People Service, government-issued identification documents (such as a driver’s license), and any other information you choose to provide.
2) Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the We Local People Service. When you access or use the We Local People Service, we automatically collect information about you, including:
2.1. Log Information: We log information about your use of the We Local People Service, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our (Welocalpeople.com)
2.2. Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access Welocalpeople.com including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
2.3. Location Information: If you consent to the collection of location information from your computer or mobile device, we may collect this information when you access or use the We Local People Service, or when you otherwise consent to the collection of this information. We may also use your IP address to infer an approximate geographic location for your computer or device. For more details, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
2.4. Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. (Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve We Local People Service and your experience), see which areas and features of the We Local People Service are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “gifs,” “pixel tags” and “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the We Local People Service or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
Use of Information.
3) General Uses. We Local People uses information about you for various purposes, including to:
3.1) Enable you to access and use the We Local People Service, to personalize the We Local People Service, and to optimize the type of offers presented to you when you use the We Local People Service;
3.2) Create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the We Local People Service, including through detection and prevention of fraud, unauthorized access, intrusion, and service interruption;
3.3) Conduct investigations and to respond to disputes between users, error resolution, and other similar customer support service;
3.4) Operate, protect, improve and optimize the We Local People Service, our business, and our users’ experience;
3.5) Send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
3.6) Comply with our legal obligations or requests from law enforcement agencies, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
3.7) Assist third-party payment processors with transaction processing, error, chargeback and disputed transaction resolution, and similar payment processing functions; and
3.8) Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We Local People is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using We Local People Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
Sharing of Information.
4.1) With the public on the We Local People Service. For a detailed description of the type of information associated with your We Local People account that is made available publicly through the We Local People Service, please see our FAQs.
4.2) In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
4.3) If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of We Local People or others;
4.4) With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the We Local People Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
5) Social Sharing Features. The We Local People Service may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on the We Local People Service with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide those features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
7) We Local People takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
8) Account Information. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging in to your account. If you would like to cancel your We Local People account entirely, please contact us, and enter your request for cancellation, but please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. For example, any reviews, forum postings and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the We Local People Service in association with your account name even after your We Local People account is cancelled. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
9) Location Information. When you first download or launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information or first use any features that use location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications form your device.
Even if you do not provide us with consent to collect precise location information from your mobile device or platform, we may use your IP address to infer an approximation of your location when using certain features of the We Local People Services, such as the We Local People payments solution.
In some features, We Local People uses mapping services from Google Maps/Google Earth, including Google Maps API(s). Your use of these services is subject to Google’s terms of service.
10) Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with the We Local People Service. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the We Local People Service.
Questions and Comments.